Lapel Stony Creek Township Fire Territory

History

 

  • 1895: Bucket Brigade formed.
  • 1905: The Lapel Fire Department gets its first hook and ladder apparatus.
  • 1925: The Volunteer Fire Department is officially recognized by the Town Council and State of Indiana.
  • 1975: A fund drive by the Volunteer Fire Department raises $34,000 to supply ambulance service.

store/uploads/1940s.jpg

 store/uploads/1960s.jpg

 store/uploads/1970s.jpg